Please consider donating to the openDCIM Foundation, Inc. This software is provided for free, but it costs money for domain registration, hosting, development tools, and beer.
Welcome to openDCIM
This is openDCIM, a free, web based Data Center Infrastructure Management application. DCIM means many different things to many different people, and there is a multitude of commercial applications available. openDCIM does not contend to be a function by function replacement for commercial applications. Instead, openDCIM covers the majority of features needed by the developers - as is often the case of open source software. The software is released under the GPL v3 license, so you are welcome to take it, modify it, and share it with others, as long as you acknowledge where it came from.
Major Changes for openDCIM 5.0
Version 5.0 is currently under development (no anticipated release date at this time, other than "it's definitely not today") and will require some updates to the infrastructure. The largest of which is the need for PHP version 5.5 or later. This presents a slight issue in that the default version of PHP shipped with Enterprise Linux distributions, such as RHEL7, is 5.4. Unfortunately, we are at a point where some of the supporting libraries utilized by
Goals for openDCIM
The number one goal for openDCIM is to eliminate the excuse for anybody to ever track their data center inventory using a spreadsheet or word processing document again. We've all been there in the past, which is what drove us developers to create this project.
- Provide complete physical inventory (asset tracking) of the data center
- Support for Multiple Rooms (Data Centers)
- Management of the three key elements of capacity management - space, power, and cooling
- Basic contact management and integration into existing business directory via UserID
- Fault Tolerance Tracking - run a power outage simulation to see what would be affected as each source goes down
- Computation of Center of Gravity for each cabinet
- Template management for devices, with ability to override per device
- Optional tracking of cable connections within each cabinet, and for each switch device
- Archival functions for equipment sent to salvage/disposal
- Integration with intelligent power strips and UPS devices - APC, Geist Manufacturing, Liebert, and Server Technologies. Easy to update with OIDs for other manufacturers.
- Open Architecture - All built on a MySQL database for easy report building, or export to other applications
System Requirements for Current Version (LAMP Server)
- Web host running Apache 2.x (or higher) with an SSL Enabled site.
- MySQL 5.x (or higher) database
- PHP 5.3 (or higher)
- User Authentication
- Linux (in other words, a LAMP server)
- Web Based Client